Remedies for swollen gums

Discussion forum primarily to discuss topics of common interest, case discussions, seeking advice on Mouth, Jaw and Throat related pains.
Moroccanbeauty2266

Remedies for swollen gums

Postby Moroccanbeauty2266 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 am

I have been having some problems with my gums lately. They have been swollen a bit and
since my mother knows a lot about natural remedies and has given me helpful advice I thought it might be good to share it with you in this forum:
Here are different kinds of ways to treat swollen gums (do not try all of them at once!)
1. Rub salt on your gums and rinse with warm water
2. Rub clover oil on the gums
3. Rub enchinacea and goldenseal oil on the gums
4. Take coriander oil (very strong stuff!), dilute it with water in a tiny container, take a q-tip and put some of it on your gums
5. Take oregano oil and swallow 2-5 drops each day.
6. Take arnika globuli
7. Get antioxidant capsules that contain the combination: Vitamin C, Zink, Selenium

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me!

Aced

Re: Remedies for swollen gums

Postby Aced » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:11 am

I just used ginger, pink salt, celery and water in a mixture together for a few weeks and it cleared up quite a bit of problems in my mouth. It tastes neutral and really clears ya out, even has a mild numbing property to it. Definitely clears plaque out as well, was spitting little hidden chunks of it out within the first 2 uses :)

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 am

I think the swelling of gums is called gingivitis that is mostly caused by a kind of oral bacteria. It's not really normal but it's common to have it once in a while depending on your lifestyle. The home remedy that we have for that is the warm saline water, that is a glass of warm water where you dissolve 1 spoon of salt. Use that as gargle that would kill the bacteria. Gargle 3 times a day after eating to cleanse the mouth of the remaining bacteria. And to hasten the healing, boil 5 leaves of guava in a glass of water. Use it as a gargle rinse after the saline water. The sap of the guava is a good coagulant that is great for healing wounds.

Toast

Postby Toast » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:50 pm

I feel like the best remedy for most dental hygiene is just avoidance. Brush your teeth, floss, go to the dentist often, etc. As long as you do those few things as much as you should, I don't think you'll have any dental problems. If you do have dental problems, your dentist should be able to solve them easily. I think salt-water helps a lot with anything that's swollen though.

baisch

Postby baisch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Moroccanbeauty2266 wrote:I have been having some problems with my gums lately. They have been swollen a bit and
since my mother knows a lot about natural remedies and has given me helpful advice I thought it might be good to share it with you in this forum:
Here are different kinds of ways to treat swollen gums (do not try all of them at once!)
1. Rub salt on your gums and rinse with warm water
2. Rub clover oil on the gums
3. Rub enchinacea and goldenseal oil on the gums
4. Take coriander oil (very strong stuff!), dilute it with water in a tiny container, take a q-tip and put some of it on your gums
5. Take oregano oil and swallow 2-5 drops each day.
6. Take arnika globuli
7. Get antioxidant capsules that contain the combination: Vitamin C, Zink, Selenium

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me!

Which of these remedies helped you the most? I am finding that no matter what, whenever I brush my teeth, my gums bleed - a lot. I would like to clear this up as it only seems to be getting worse. :(

Aced wrote:I just used ginger, pink salt, celery and water in a mixture together for a few weeks and it cleared up quite a bit of problems in my mouth. It tastes neutral and really clears ya out, even has a mild numbing property to it. Definitely clears plaque out as well, was spitting little hidden chunks of it out within the first 2 uses :)

This sounds really promising and I'd like to give it a try. Do you mean celery salt, or literally the vegetable? Thanks everyone!

negan

Postby negan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:05 pm

swollen gums are caused by bacteria, thus taking antiinflammatories like diclofenac potassium, antibiotics and salt diluted with water help to reduce the swollen area. That happened to me often when my wisdom teeth were ripping apart my gums and left them exposed to infections. Since I was so prone to infection, I brush my teeth every time after eating a
meal.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Of late, my mother is also experiencing swollen gums. She has tried rubbing her gums with salt, but it has not worked. She has also tried coriander and this has also failed to ease her pain. Currently, she is using a gel recommended by her dentist which seems to be working.

Moroccanbeauty2266

Postby Moroccanbeauty2266 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 am

Vinaya wrote:Of late, my mother is also experiencing swollen gums. She has tried rubbing her gums with salt, but it has not worked. She has also tried coriander and this has also failed to ease her pain. Currently, she is using a gel recommended by her dentist which seems to be working.

What is the gel called?

Veruska

Postby Veruska » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 am

Gargle with warm salt water is very effective.

Veruska

Postby Veruska » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Suffer from swollen gums use baking soda as a home remedy to treat it. Being an antiseptic and antibacterial, baking soda treats the infection causing the swelling. It also reduces the inflammation of your gums and soothes the tender skin

Return to “Mouth, Jaw & Throat Pain Discussion”