Why am i still facing pain under crown months after root canal treatment?

Discussion forum primarily to discuss topics of common interest, case discussions, seeking advice on Mouth, Jaw and Throat related pains.
Ruther

Why am i still facing pain under crown months after root canal treatment?

Postby Ruther » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:19 am

I am experiencing extreme susceptibility to cold as well as a persistent throbbing nearly eight months after root canal treatment. Every couple of days I 've a shooting pain that subsides with all the help of ibuprofen. Is it possible that my root canal wasn't completed filled in correct manner ? Or are these indications of an illness beneath the crown? Not sure whats happening this as i am getting nervous about it

Susan

Re: Why am i still facing pain under crown months after root canal treatment?

Postby Susan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:31 am

The main root canal abscess typically includes the root point of the tooth along with the pulp that is dead. A live bacteria disperses to the surrounding tissue and starts to builds up in the root canal. Occasionally, the inflammation is intense and really abrupt that it brings a lot more pain when chewing and shoves the tooth somewhat.

These sorts of root canal failures may have repercussions because of the amount of poisonous bacteria mainly on the body, which is discharged to the body in the contaminated the affected area.

While this kind of disease can stay concealed as it did in this instance for you, a large number of individuals can and will endure unexpected and insidious pain as a result of inflammation due to the competitive temperament of the bacteria. Finally the requirement to maintain a dead tooth in the mouth area where it can be an incubator of bacteria will never be justified by the hazards connected with root canal treatment.

May be take a second check from any other physician near by who can diagnose the problem and give your proper treatment to fix the affected part.

tancoautoclave

Postby tancoautoclave » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 am

I will recommend you to visit your doctor as this might be quite serious problem.

HattieCowell

Postby HattieCowell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am

As you know that Root canal therapy is used to treat and save a tooth that has become badly damaged or infected due to tooth decay. In a root canal, the nerve and pulp are removed from the tooth, where the infection has occurred. I think you should consult with a professional Endodontists who generally deal with more complex endodontic procedures which can not be handled by general dentists. This may include the re-treatment of root canals that have not healed completely. There are much professional dentistry centre are available like New Smile Dentistry, Cal Dental Group (caldentalgroup.com), South Brook Dental, etc., who will provide you with the best treatment and will monitor the healing tissue with a follow-up exam and they will also give you the best advice on how to take care of your teeth after root canal.

Return to “Mouth, Jaw & Throat Pain Discussion”