Why am i Feeling Excess Thirsty?

Discussion forum primarily to discuss topics of common interest, case discussions, seeking advice on Mouth, Jaw and Throat related pains.
Neema

Why am i Feeling Excess Thirsty?

Postby Neema » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 am

The most frequent causes:

1. Medicines - Anticholinergic drugs and diuretics makes the mouth area dry or get you excrete more fluids than normal. Look in the side effect profile of any medicines you are taking.

2. The foods that you eat are overly salty.

3. Not enough drinking - You may not be taking enough liquids sufficient to your body

4. Reduced saliva - As we age, our salivary glands creates a reduced volume of saliva daily. By keeping chewing gum helpful this is often repaired.

Other reasons -

1. Diabetes

Diabetes can raise your danger of dehydration—notably in the event you are unaware of it. This results in drinking more fluids, which compounds the situation. Should you experience excessive thirst and urination, along with some other symptoms like irritability, tiredness, or unexplained weight reduction, your doctor can perform a blood glucose test to discover for those who have diabetes.

2. Diabetes Insipidus
Diabetes insipidus is distinguished with a hormone imbalance within your body which changes water absorption. Since you can find several kinds of diabetes insipidus also other states can cause it, your physician will execute various evaluations to discover which treatment option is finest for you personally.

3. Periods Time

Too much of bleeding, you could possibly feel the impulse to suck up water like a shop vac. Add to that particular blood loss in the cycle itself—notably in case your periods are about the hefty side—and the effect is a compensatory upsurge in thirst. To put it differently, when you are stranded in PMS Land, be sure you maintain a bottle of water handy.

4. Dry Mouth

Dry mouth, also called xerostomia, is frequently mistaken for excessive thirst. That can lead like bad breath, trouble chewing, and heavy, stringy saliva in case your glands are not making enough spit. "There can also be several disorders that can make dry mouth, which means this can be definitely worth bringing up along with your physician," she adds.

5. Anemia

Abrupt or continuing blood reduction—thanks to problems like bleeding ulcers and significant periods is the usual source of anemia. Up to 70% of individuals experience some symptoms of thyroid deficiency, which translates into a great number of really thirst. When you yourself have anemia, a physical examination and blood test will determine, as well as the treatment you get is determined by the kind you are diagnosed with.

6. Low Blood pressure

Chronic stress causes our adrenal glands to underfunction, which might lead to low blood pressure when the anxiety is intense. This may cause dizziness, depression, stress, as well as extreme thirst. Thirst is your body's way of adding more water in an effort to increase your blood pressure, to your own blood. The single long term remedy because of this is always to fall and better manage your anxiety.

7. Your Diet

You may need to balance the scales by eating fluid-rich foods, like oatmeal and brown rice, which soak up water during the cooking procedure.

Mandy

Re: Why am i Feeling Excess Thirsty?

Postby Mandy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:21 pm

This was a great post, very informative. I know that when I eat salty foods like chips or pizza, I feel very thirsty afterwards. I wasn't aware that you get thirsty on your period though. I always drink a lot of water anyways.

Return to “Mouth, Jaw & Throat Pain Discussion”