Chronic Migraines Post-Car Accident

This discussion forum is for questions and support regarding Head, Nose and Facial related related
baisch

Chronic Migraines Post-Car Accident

Postby baisch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm

I wonder if anyone out there has experienced anything like what I go through. 8.5 years ago I was in a car accident. 6 months after the accident I started experiencing horrible migraines. They would extend for days (sometimes up to 9 days), and when I finally started to understand what they were I understood that I needed to accept treatment for them otherwise I would not live quality life anymore. I currently have about 20 days a month with migraine pain, sometimes I can stop it in it's tracks with prescribed medication, other times this doesn't work and I have to wait it out and like I said before, this can take days.
I am having a very difficult time understanding how a car accident could trigger this, and that I can't make it better. Does anyone have any insight or similar experiences?

Vinaya

Re: Chronic Migraines Post-Car Accident

Postby Vinaya » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:17 pm

I did not know you could develop migraines when you have injuries on your head. We don't have migraine condition in our home, but we have relatives who are suffering from migraines. As far as I know there is no proper treatments for migraine. You can control the severe headaches through drugs if you predict the attack, however, once you are under migraine attack, you will have to live through it.

rz3300

Re: Chronic Migraines Post-Car Accident

Postby rz3300 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 am

Well I have been there before, my friend. The good news for you is that they do go away, as long as there is no long lasting damage. I had really bad headaches after a nasty car wreck about ten years ago and I remember thinking to myself that they would never go away and I was going to have to live the rest of my life with them. I have a pretty high tolerance for them too, but these ones were almost constant throughout the day and it was brutal. For the meantime though, stay strong and get your rest.

SafronovZV

Chronic Migraines Post Car Accident

Postby SafronovZV » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:02 am

The FRS is my gift to myself for getting a masters in ME too. My current car is a manual POS Saturn I got for free a year ago, but do what I did the first time I drove it: tell yourself you are a MASTER of engineering, you know exactly how the transmission works, and just do it. No lessons required.

Btw, what school?

Return to “Head, Nose & Face Pain Discussion”