Sinusitis attacks at night

This discussion forum is for questions and support regarding Head, Nose and Facial related related
corzhens

Sinusitis attacks at night

Postby corzhens » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 am

My husband used to be a heavy smoker. He started smoking when he was a teenager. Being an active person, he has a good weight and strong body. But when he quit smoking that's the time he started gaining weight. Still controlled though so it's just fine.

However, he sometimes have the sinusitis attacks at night which really bothers him. He would have clogged nose that would give him a headache which would rob him of his sleep. He occasionally experiences sinusitis attacks maybe once or twice a month. We still don't know if it is connected to his quitting smoking but we suspect that.

Aced

Re: Sinusitis attacks at night

Postby Aced » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:42 am

How much water does he drink? How does he clear out his nose?

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:38 am

Allergies could be the reason for the clogged nose. That is not sinusitis. Sinusitis may last up to 2 weeks and has several other complications. His last over night, which probably is allergies or poor health. Time to clean up the room with bleach and start eat properly to build up your immune system.

morgoodie

Postby morgoodie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 am

Sometimes, I get a plugged nose when I go to bed and this makes it hard to get to sleep. I have enlarged adnoids and anytime I have swelling of the membranes in my nose it causes my nose to be nearly entirely blocked off. I use eucalyptus essential oil under my nose to help me breathe better. Sometimes, I will use a saline mist to help to flush the mucus from my sinuses.

tilburkj

Postby tilburkj » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:03 am

I'm so sorry that your husband is having sinus issues, but I applaud his successful withdrawal from cigarettes! Any sinus-related condition can be so miserable, though! Is he currently trying anything to relieve his symptoms? This might sound crazy, but his condition might be the after-effect of his body's detoxing from the chemicals contained in cigarettes! :?

tilburkj

Postby tilburkj » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:05 am

joshposh wrote:Allergies could be the reason for the clogged nose. That is not sinusitis. Sinusitis may last up to 2 weeks and has several other complications. His last over night, which probably is allergies or poor health. Time to clean up the room with bleach and start eat properly to build up your immune system.

Joshposh, what is your recommended procedure for cleaning a room with bleach? Would you sponge mop the walls? I've been wanting to do something like this myself since I'm convinced that my walls are moldy (I have an old house and chronic sinusitis). Thanks in advance for any advice! :mrgreen:

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10 am

Sometimes you might get stuffed nose, or even running nose however, you must be aware that stuffed nose or running nose does not always imply sinusitis. Your nose may get stuffed or run because of common cold or allergy. sinusitis is a condition of abnormal passage that leads from a suppurating cavity into the body surface. Before, you opt for treatment you must identify your condition properly. If you have sinus problem, you should avoid eating cold food,ice cream for instance. Warm and hot food, soup for example, will benefit you.

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

tilburkj wrote:
joshposh wrote:Allergies could be the reason for the clogged nose. That is not sinusitis. Sinusitis may last up to 2 weeks and has several other complications. His last over night, which probably is allergies or poor health. Time to clean up the room with bleach and start eat properly to build up your immune system.

Joshposh, what is your recommended procedure for cleaning a room with bleach? Would you sponge mop the walls? I've been wanting to do something like this myself since I'm convinced that my walls are moldy (I have an old house and chronic sinusitis). Thanks in advance for any advice! :mrgreen:

Just get a bucket with water and bleach and wipe down the walls with a rag or sponge. If you got a fancy extention for the sponge, then great. I normally get a allergy attack or feel my eye starting to itch whenever I walk into a moldy room. Bleach the walls, and shelves. Hell, bleach everything they can grow anywhere.

tilburkj

Postby tilburkj » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 am

joshposh wrote:
tilburkj wrote:

Just get a bucket with water and bleach and wipe down the walls with a rag or sponge. If you got a fancy extention for the sponge, then great. I normally get a allergy attack or feel my eye starting to itch whenever I walk into a moldy room. Bleach the walls, and shelves. Hell, bleach everything they can grow anywhere.

This is fabulous! You know, my parents always told me to clean the walls whenever I move to a new house, but I've never done it! Maybe that part of the problem...My current house is very old, and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm getting the creeps when I consider all of the mold that's probably lurking in my closets... :|

tilburkj

Postby tilburkj » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:04 am

Vinaya wrote:Sometimes you might get stuffed nose, or even running nose however, you must be aware that stuffed nose or running nose does not always imply sinusitis. Your nose may get stuffed or run because of common cold or allergy. sinusitis is a condition of abnormal passage that leads from a suppurating cavity into the body surface. Before, you opt for treatment you must identify your condition properly. If you have sinus problem, you should avoid eating cold food,ice cream for instance. Warm and hot food, soup for example, will benefit you.

This is fantastic advice. It's the honest truth...When I'm sick nothing hurts my throat more than ice cream or a cold drink. :| Warm liquids and essential oils! ;)

Return to “Head, Nose & Face Pain Discussion”