How to get proper sleep when you have cold without using any medication?

This discussion forum is for questions and support regarding Head, Nose and Facial related related
Chelsy

How to get proper sleep when you have cold without using any medication?

Postby Chelsy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:14 am

You may follow the below tips to get relief from general cold for a better sleep.

Inhale steam -

The simple and easiest method to clear the nasal passage is to use steam and it works quite well. You may also try a bowl of boiling water and use few drops of plant oil like eucalyptus or olbas to get better relief.

Have a hot beverage -

Beverages with somewhat bitter flavors are especially are helpful. Many physicians propose hot water with honey (a moderate antiseptic), grated ginger (anti-inflammatory) and fresh lemon (flavors fine but the claim that vitamin C can treat colds).

Make sure you drink a lot of water. This little guidance uses all of the time, but even more when there is a cold.
Java, alcohol, sugary "juices," and pop will really dehydrate you.
Green tea and peppermint are packed with antioxidants that are great and help to open passageways.

Take Hot Soup –

Prepare some homemade soup It offers relaxation and hydration and flushes out the nasal passages using its aromatic steaming.
Also soups like chicken, juices, or water or vegetable broths. Chicken soup is really great for the common cold!

Tea - You will get better relief when you sip a cup of tea preferably herbal tea.

Take Rest from Work -

Take one or rather two days far from work. A cold can be the body’s way of telling us to take a rest.

Mandy

Re: How to get proper sleep when you have cold without using any medication?

Postby Mandy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:20 pm

This is one thing I don't get enough of is sleep. It is mostly due to the work I do and the hours I keep. Normally I don't have much of a problem when I go to sleep, but if I do then herbal tea does seem to work for me.

Return to “Head, Nose & Face Pain Discussion”