How to get rid of joint pain from running?

Discussion forum on issues related to muscles and joint pains
Jeenat

How to get rid of joint pain from running?

Postby Jeenat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:01 am

Why do i get joint pains while running? Do i need to stop running and do any other exercises to keep my body fit and healthy? I need to know what could be causing the problem with my joints while i run? Do i need to take any specific precautions/medications and continue with running or what should i do?

cyclistbabe

Re: How to get rid of joint pain from running?

Postby cyclistbabe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:51 am

I get sore knees if I don't stretch before I run. I use an app that has yoga stretches for runners that are about 10 minutes long, and they ease my body into it so it's not so shocked by the movement. Please make sure you are stretching and drinking enough water!

Vladimir Logos

Postby Vladimir Logos » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Joint pain in the knees is usually caused by long periods of physical inactivity (years). If you haven't jogged for years, what makes you think you can just get up and start sprinting with no consequences? Your body adapted to your way of life (which was predominantly sedentary). In order to get back in shape you cannot start by jogging... beginner's mistake. :D Instead of running, you need to swim for months first. Why? Because swimming is the best way to strenghten your leg muscles without putting too much pressure on knee caps. Once your legs have adapted to greater physical stress, you should be able to jog at a moderate pace with no pain. However, if you are over the age of 40, you need to examine your bones and joints first. Some people have genetically weaker bones and once they are over 40 it is not recommended to run anymore (as they can mess up their hips, which is even worse than having bad knees), but just walk instead. My father-in-law had such a problem and I am the guy who was advised by his doctor to swim first and run later. :mrgreen:

Aced

Postby Aced » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:50 pm

You might just need to sleep a little better, it might be signs that something is wrong, it might be inflammed, etc. It's really hard to say without a lot of specifics about your lifestyle!

djordjem87

Postby djordjem87 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 pm

I have knee problem, actually both of my knees are bad, and I run marathons and half-marathons. I have a severe pain sometimes while running but I got used to it overtime. However, less than month ago I was running a half-marathon in my home town and my knees were sore but nothing more that that. The day after I was quite normal. Nevertheless, I rested for two weeks as I always do after a big race but it was really unnecessary. I did put some comfrey gel both on my knees and my back and it is really doing miracles for me. I even managed to run under 2 hours mark and that is okay for amateurs.

AnthonyWhitson

Postby AnthonyWhitson » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:36 am

Great Advice!
Walking and jogging is the best exercise which helps to relieve joint pain and it is also good for the heart. Many physical therapists have also suggested that those people who are dealing with joint pain, can also opt the hydrotherapy treatment. Recently, my mother was dealing with the low back pain, a doctor has suggested installing a walk in bathtub in Spokane Valley(walkinbathtubwa.com), with the extra features of hydrotherapy water jets. After the installation of the bathtub, the hydrotherapy jets improved the blood circulation of my mother and also helps her tissues to heal quickly.

arthurjames

Postby arthurjames » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 am

You must perform some warm up exercises before running. You can also opt for a physical therapy program.
Visit http://kneepainfrisco.com/ for more info.

usvascularcenter

Postby usvascularcenter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 pm

You should involve yourself with some physical activities in a day and before running in the morning you should do some exercise. Take care.

Return to “Muscles & Joints Pain Discussion”