Hip pain in the evenings?

Forum to discuss lower/upper back pain, hip pain, preventive health advice on back pain & hip pain related issues from the forum community
Lynk

Hip pain in the evenings?

Postby Lynk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 am

I have started a new job where I'm on my feet a lot more. At first my feet were killing me even after a short shift, but they are finally feeling better.

However, now after work I get this horrible tightness in my hips and I can't seem to stretch it right no matter what! Will this go away like the foot pain too? Are there any specific exercises or stretches I should be doing in the meantime?

joshposh

Re: Hip pain in the evenings?

Postby joshposh » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:22 pm

I had weird and sporadic hip pains in the past as well. It was more due to running then anything.

If the said area is hurting then of course you need to rest and let it heal. Besides the obvious work, you shouldn't be doing anything else to aggravate it. As far as stretching goes, You can try and lay on your side in bed, for example, lay on your left side and bring your right knee backwards while your knee is bent, to stretch out your hips. It really works and to push it further use you right arm and grab your ankle when it's behind you. That should do it. Then you can do that same stretch on your right side.

morgoodie

Postby morgoodie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Making a change to standing on your feet for most of the day can be hard on your feet, legs, and back. It is important to have good support in your shoes to help your feet and your back. Try to make sure that you are standing evenly on both feet or you may create more pressure on one leg and hip more than the other. This could lead you to favor that leg and put extra pressure on the other one. This can cause you to have hip pain after standing on you feet all day. Most likely you will get used to standing as your legs and hips get stronger from the use. Hope it goes away soon for you.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:50 am

Isn't it scary to experience pain in the hip? I have a colleague who was regularly experiencing that kind of that was later diagnosed to be dislocated hip. She underwent an operation to correct the hips and she was in a brace for some months. I am hoping that as I age, I wouldn't experience that pain in the hips although I have those regular pains on the feet and legs maybe due to physical fatigue. The pain is sometimes unbearable when I would be walking the entire day. But fortunately, the pain subsides when I get to rest.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 am

In my observation and experience, in most cases pain occurs in the evening. Usually in the day time, you will experience less pain, whereas in the evening, pain becomes excruciating. My wife also experience pain in the hip. There is pain in the day time however, it is bearable. In the evening, it pains a lot and at a time the pain becomes unbearable. Pain is more in the day when she has a hectic schedule.

Evah.Linear

Postby Evah.Linear » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

I usually have this type of pain! I regularly go to chiro, Epsom salt bath at night and now, I am on microcirculation therapy for pain with deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator.

KLinthisBih

Postby KLinthisBih » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Evah.Linear wrote:I usually have this type of pain! I regularly go to chiro, Epsom salt bath at night and now, I am on microcirculation therapy for pain with deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator.

Using this. Works like a charm. Tried everything but this one is the most impressive. I like how convenient it is to use, and you can monitor your progress with a device. :ugeek:

Return to “Back & Hip Pain Discussion”