Blood in the Urine

Forum Posts on health advice, tips and discussions related to health management
ziskasun

Blood in the Urine

Postby ziskasun » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:12 pm

What does it mean that I have blood in my urine? My doctor told me my recent urinalysis showed blood, so she sent me in for a culture. The culture came back negative. The doctor does not seem the least bit concerned about the presence of blood in the urine, but I am concerned. Does anyone know what that could mean?

corzhens

Re: Blood in the Urine

Postby corzhens » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:15 am

Sometime in 1995, I discovered I had kidney stones when I had developed chill - feeling so cold with a slight fever. The doctor instantly suspected urinary tract infection so I was sent to the lab for a urinalysis. True enough, it was urinary tract infection caused by kidney stone. As per the result, I had traces of blood in my urine. It's not alarming but the kidney stone may grow and may need surgery. I was prescribed to undergo lithotripsy - a process using sound waves to crack the kidney stones. It was successful. And after the procedure, I was given antibiotics and had expected more blood in my urine.

ziskasun

Postby ziskasun » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've never had a kidney stone but I have heard they hurt. Did yours hurt? I haven't noticed any pain that is extreme in my bladder, but I wouldn't know what its like since I've not had one before.

Misty

Postby Misty » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:27 am

Typically it means you have kidney stones or some kind of bladder infection. I would get seen by your doctor ASAP or even go down to the emergency room. They'll be able to help you out there a lot better than we can. Ya know?

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:22 am

Most of the time where blood appears in the urine, it may be a case of Urinary Track Infection. I once had blood in the urine and upon clinical examination it was found that I had urinary track infection. Some of the symptoms of urinary track infection include painful urination, blood in the urine, and high fever.

edwardfrancis

Postby edwardfrancis » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 am

You can try this diet to prevent UTI
1.Avoid foods and drinks rich in sugar. Reduce the intake of sugar, soft drinks, concentrated sweet fruit drinks, coffee and alcoholic beverages.
2.Other foods to avoid are processed foods, spicy foods, fats, dairy products, red meats and shellfish. These foods are acid-forming (not to be mistaken with acid tasting food like the citrus fruits). Acidity formed from these foods increase the bacterial infection.
3.Eat fermented foods yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, sourdough breads and apple cider vinegar.
4.Drink juices high in vitamin C especially grapefruit.
5.Eat foods high in vitamin A .
6.Foods high in zinc may also help by producing white blood cells and eliminating bacteria. Some of the best sources of zinc are oysters, ginger, beef liver, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, egg yolks, peanuts, oats, almonds.
7.Drink cranberry juice.

Drink a glass of fresh cranberry or blueberry juice first thing in the morning and wait at least half an hour before you have something to eat. This drink is helpful for prevention of UTI.

kabirkolle

Postby kabirkolle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm

In my opinion, you shouldn't take any tension if you are eating chili things all the time or food which is hot then yoiu just need to leave all these things and just eat fresh vegetables.

Return to “Health Guide”