Points to remember while buying a baby rash guard

Forum Posts on health advice, tips and discussions related to health management
Tripoli

Points to remember while buying a baby rash guard

Postby Tripoli » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:36 pm

Below are some of the points to note while buying a baby rash guard -

Materials and Fabrics

The best of the rash guards are usually made up of Lycra and nylon. These two fabrics, when combined together, provide the best rash protection and flexibility. A proper combination of Lycra and nylon should be of 20 per cent and 80 per cent respectively to offer the best of results. This combination has been scientifically proven by many rash guard makers.

However, it is advised to avoid those rash guards for babies that use only spandex or blends it with cotton in their making. As these materials are cheaper than that of Lycra, a baby rash guard that is made with spandex and cotton tend to last less and deteriorate quite easily. These also suffer from limitations in sun protecting measures.

Sizing and Satisfaction

This is one of the most important pre-requisite that you must check while buying your kids with rash guards. Improper sizing of the garment could never ensure a high quality of comfort for your kids. So, you must check the size of a particular garment more than once before you make the payment for the same.

You must also see that your kids are feeling comfortable wearing a particular baby rash guard. After all you want to eliminate rashes not create the same. Once you have sourced the product, you must ask your kids to try them out. Any discomfort or scratchy surfaces must be taken into immediate notice.

Ultraviolet Protection Factor

Most of the available rash guards for babies are not rated with Ultraviolet Protection Factor or UPF. This UPF rating is just as same as the SPF that one can easily find in the popular sunscreen lotions.

Only a few of the well renowned rash guard manufacturers ensure you with a UPF rating of 50. This means that the outfit will allow only 1/50th of the UV radiation to penetrate through to the wearer’s skin. A handful of rash guard manufacturers even provide clothing that has an UPF rating of 50+.

negan

Re: Points to remember while buying a baby rash guard

Postby negan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:49 am

Indeed, if you are looking for the best rash guards, look for Lycra and nylon. This material combination is without a doubt effective for baby rash guard fabric.I tend to avoid buying espandex and cotton, because of the limitations in sun protection is a relevant concern for me since I live in a place warm and sunny in most season . I always buy the rash guard a bit higher in size to guarantee comfort to the baby, a fit outfit of rash guard would be idea but you have to take into account the growth of your baby as the time goes by.

Return to “Health Guide”