Tips for Flu and Cold at Home

Forum Posts on health advice, tips and discussions related to health management
Lizzy

Tips for Flu and Cold at Home

Postby Lizzy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 am

What To Do at house for Influenza and Cold

1. Eat right, eat good sugars (fructose) not bad sugars (dextrose). Eat good oils uncooked unheated natural vegetable oils and avoid all trans fatty acids
2. Get lots of fluids to flush out virus and toxins.
3. Use the flu and cold treatments which are natural and safe
4. Get some fresh air from outside for 30 mins and sunshine can get you natural vitamin D
5. Clean the bed and your room frequently, use a scented candle, onions and garlic to kills bacteria and viruses .
6. Do Yoga, particularly the lion pose.
7. Reduce Stress and relax your mind

corzhens

Re: Tips for Flu and Cold at Home

Postby corzhens » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:29 pm

For colds and flu, the usual remedy is a hot lemonade that we drink with the paracetamol. And at the first sign of sweat, we would wrap the patient with a blanket so he will perspire more. And when his shirt is very wet, he would be given a tepid sponge bath. That always works for the colds but for the flu it really takes days to be treated. The usual drink is citrus drink like orange juice or lemonade plus eating fruits as well. With the food, there's always the hot soup or dishes with broth to heat up the insides which later on would develop into sweating.

Rest and good food, yes, that is the main ingredient for treating flu and colds.

pwarbi

Postby pwarbi » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:40 pm

A lot depends on how severe the symptoms are when it comes to treating colds and the flu. There's a lot of over the counter remedies that can alleviate the sore throats, blocked or runny nose and general aches and pains you get, but up to now there's no cure.

There's also a massive difference between a cold and full blown flu. With flu, more often than not it will require a trip to the doctors, and even though they won't be able to give you anything to cure it, with flu you'll often be our of action for some time, and that includes loss of appetite so it's important to make sure your getting the right nutrition your body needs in order to be able to fight the infection.

Aced

Postby Aced » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:37 pm

Great stuff! Love this writeup. One of the other ones to remember is to ventilate your room repeatedly, 3~5 times a day and get all those germs outta the air. It lingers behind and compounds the problem, especially when someone else walks in .

Lynk

Postby Lynk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 am

Peppermint tea seems to do wonder to help when my sinuses are acting up. Lemon and honey are also great for sore throats so I'll add that in if I'm having a sore throat. Also, I find that just plain old rest is the best remedy. I used to run ragged trying to work through a flu or cold, nowadays I will take a couple days off and just rest in bed and I recover so much faster.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Vitamin C is very effective in flu and cold. Drink hot lemonade when you have flu and cold. Instead of sugar, use honey to sweeten your drink. Roast ginger lightly in the stove of over. Chew roasted ginger couple of times in a day. Ginger is very effective in inflammation. Warm milk before going to bet is also good. You can also try milk with turmeric.

aliceforfrndz

Postby aliceforfrndz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:52 am

Well, in my opinion, when you are sick with a cold or flu, the best thing you can do is rest and let your body heal.
Drink a lot of Warm to Hot Water laced with squeezed Lemon juice or Lemon peelings. Go for a brisk exercise run or other aerobic exercise, have a warm shower, drink soup, lie still in bed for max two hours then get up and out..........You will find your mood well and truly up.

domin472

Postby domin472 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 pm

One of the most important rules I have is not to bother and lay down to make time for the disease.
Some diseases you can't avoid it but a flu I try to get on with my life as normal as I can.

If it is a heavy flu I eat more soups than normally.

jeesica

Postby jeesica » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Chicken soup is a time-honoured remedy that is tried, tested and true. Chicken soup stops certain white blood cells (neutrophils) from congregating and causing inflammation, preventing large amounts of mucus from being produced.

Return to “Health Guide”