Mysterious, Returning, Cold Stomach Pain

Forum to Explore topics related to stomach/abdominal pains. Post questions related on this board and get your questions answered.
Saraheh

Mysterious, Returning, Cold Stomach Pain

Postby Saraheh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello, so I have a bit of a conundrum:
For the past three years, I have noticed that about 2-4 times per year at random I am hit with a sudden, very painful stomach pain right in the upper middle of my stomach, just below my ribs. I still cannot place a pattern as to when or why it happens, it is just so random: be it morning, day, night, be I sleeping, walking, standing, about to eat, having just eaten, ect--it can happen at any time without warning, feeling a bit uncomfortable at first and then escalating to almost excrutiating within 10 minutes. If I am sleeping, the pain will wake me up. If I am awake, it debilitates me until it has passed (anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours) and often renders me rather nauseous. The pain feels like a cold mass somewhere right where I described above, that radiates its coldness laterally (and with the cold feeling comes the pain). Nothing I know of helps it--not standing, sitting, laying down, trying to warm "the cold" part--except waiting and, it seems, eating some bread helps a bit. While the pain is there is feels so strange and horrible, but afterwards it is like nothing happened and I can go several months without a similar incident. Though I have searched far and wide online, I have not been able to find anything describing exactly the kind of pain I feel; it is not burning, it is cold. It originates from one spot about the size of a handheld pencil sharpener and radiates across with cold pain, as if it were melting ice. And it is very painful and acute, then disappears completely. Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this, or if I should be concerned? Thank you

Return to “Stomach & Abdominal Pain Discussion”