Peptic Ulcer Natural Cures

Forum to Explore topics related to stomach/abdominal pains. Post questions related on this board and get your questions answered.
Chuck

Peptic Ulcer Natural Cures

Postby Chuck » Sun May 15, 2016 3:19 am

Is anybody here familiar with peptic ulcers? Do you know if there are any natural ways to cure this? If you have taken any prescribed medication did it work and what was it?

Mandy

Re: Peptic Ulcer Natural Cures

Postby Mandy » Sun May 15, 2016 3:57 am

I have a family member that has one and they found licorice root work really well. You could also try slippery elm bark powder that seemed to work as well. What you need to do is keep your stomach acid low.

Kassie

Postby Kassie » Sun May 15, 2016 5:17 am

Yes, you want to keep stomach acid low, but try to stay away from acid inhibitors because you need stomach acid to digest food. You want to keep your food intake on the healthy side as much as possible. I have heard that bentonite clay works very well for this.

Aaron

Postby Aaron » Sun May 15, 2016 10:53 pm

I've heard that some people have found relief for their ulcers with Somac and also Protonix. I'm not sure if it was a cure, but it did bring relief. You could probably do a Google search and find out more about them.

Brian

Postby Brian » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 am

I've read that apple cider vinegar helps with this condition. Some people mix it with baking soda and have had great results. Just make sure you get the raw organic apple cider vinegar, that is what works.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon May 16, 2016 5:33 am

Mandy wrote:I have a family member that has one and they found licorice root work really well. You could also try slippery elm bark powder that seemed to work as well. What you need to do is keep your stomach acid low.

Thanks for the great information. My uncle is the one that has this and I will pass on this information to him. He is already on a pretty restricted diet so I would imagine his acid levels aren't too bad.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon May 16, 2016 5:39 am

Kassie wrote:Yes, you want to keep stomach acid low, but try to stay away from acid inhibitors because you need stomach acid to digest food. You want to keep your food intake on the healthy side as much as possible. I have heard that bentonite clay works very well for this.

As far as I know he isn't on any acid inhibitors, nor has he taken any in the past. His diet is actually pretty healthy now, not so much in the past. I've never heard about bentonite clay before, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon May 16, 2016 5:48 am

Aaron wrote:I've heard that some people have found relief for their ulcers with Somac and also Protonix. I'm not sure if it was a cure, but it did bring relief. You could probably do a Google search and find out more about them.

I don't think I have heard of these. I'll definitely be getting on the web and checking it out. I appreciate you letting me know about these.

bonzer

Postby bonzer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi Chuck,
For natural remedies: You need to correct your lifestyle. Have 8 hours of sleep daily, Consume plenty of water, Eat your breakfast within an hour of getting up and eat 5 to 6 small meals instead of 3 big basic meals. Snack on healthy foods like Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, and Cashews. Avoid Alcohol and smoking and reduce your intake of caffeine to just 2 cups a day. Reduce Sugar and refined starches and fully avoid junk foods like Pizza and Burgers.

For an effective cure for peptic ulcers and ulcerative colitis, Rabeprazole 20 mg is best. However, you need a prescription from your doctor.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:07 am

The natural cure for peptic ulcer that I know is food. The ordinary food like your staple if it is rice or bread or pasta. Just avoid spicy dishes and sour food like lemon and other sour fruits. Eat something every 2 hours to deaden the acid in your stomach. Food dilutes the enzymes and helps in healing the ulcer. That means even if you don't take medicine for your peptic ulcer, it will get better if you would eat a portion of a meal every 2 or 3 hours at the most.

My husband was prescribed to eat 6 times a day in small portions for his digestive system issues. And he got better by doing that - not allowing his stomach to get hungry.

Return to “Stomach & Abdominal Pain Discussion”