Treatment for Gout pain in the big toe

Forum to discuss specific Issues related to Foot, Knee, Ankle & Heel Problems
Robert

Treatment for Gout pain in the big toe

Postby Robert » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:21 am

There is pain in big toe and i doubt whether its a gout symptom! How to confirm that its a gout pain and suggest treatments for gout, including ways to get relief from the pain.

HearMeRoar

Re: Treatment for Gout pain in the big toe

Postby HearMeRoar » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:44 am

Gout is generally brought about by diet and alcohol. Avoid your alcohol, avoid your triggering food, and it should go away, and stay away, if you keep with your diet and do not break your food restrictions because you lack self control. It's generally contained by medication too, but you still need to monitor what you eat and make sure to stay away from the things that would flare up your condition. Good luck!

bonzer

Postby bonzer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:36 pm

If you suspect Gout, get your blood work done for Uric Acid in blood. If it is beyond the normal range, you may have Gout. You need to drink plenty of water, if you are diagnosed with gout. Give up Alcohol and coffee. Meet your orthopedist for proper treatment.

filmjunkie08

Postby filmjunkie08 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:39 am

I have gout from time to time in my left shoulder. When it begins to hurt, I stop eating any kind of sweets and flush my system with water. In a few days, it resolved. However, if you have had the pain for a while, you need to go to the doctor for medicine. That is why at the first sign of pain, drink lots of water and cut out sweets. Don't let it get bad.

Return to “Foot, Knee & Heel Pain Discussion”