How to clear neck pain in the morning

Neck Pain Help Discussion Forum. This section of the forum is for help, questions and support regarding Neck Pains.
remnant

Postby remnant » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Sometimes I wake up with a severe neck pain in the morning due to a poor sleeping position with the neck twisted in the wrong direction. Sometimes its hard and painful to turn even the neck in the morning. This results in an awkward situation which may take several days to clear. What is the best remedy for the condition?

Aced

Re: How to clear neck pain in the morning

Postby Aced » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:23 pm

You need to change the way you're sleeping, it's probably either your bed or pillows. Try rolling up a shirt and putting it under your neck and then rolling up another shirt, folding it into a "U" shape and surrounding your skull with it. That should keep your neck in the most natural position possible, but you might also have some kind of strain or sprain, so doctor would be best place to go :) I'm not a doctor, just experienced this myself.

Sparks

Postby Sparks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 pm

As suggested above, you need to change the way that you're sleeping. As someone that's had to completely shift how I slept, I understand how difficult this has the potential to be. Try changing your pillows, or stacking pillows behind your head and laying a little more upright than before. I also found that learning to sleep on my back with my arms at my sides helped me maintain a good position throughout the night.

Toast

Postby Toast » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:45 am

I mean, you said it yourself. "Poor sleeping condition". You already know the cause, so all you have to do is fix your sleeping posture. I've woken up with a sore neck a few times, and it was always because I slept the wrong way. The only real fix here, is to get a more comfortable sleeping position. This could come from changing beds, pillows, and of course your posture. If you sleep facing down, try facing up. You can also try sleeping on your side, and looking into different directions each time.

OliveSage

Postby OliveSage » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:55 am

My daughter has been seeing a chiropractor. I can't afford one, so, she shares with me the regular exercises programme that are stress-relieving moves to find relief around the tensed muscles around the lower neck muscles and around the shoulder muscles. There's so much tensed muscles there, so, I want relief by way of massage.

My favorite one is the use of 2 solid golf balls. I lie down on each golf ball under each side of my shoulder and neck muscles where the pain is. I then, roll on my back putting pressure on the golf balls. Lie down on a rolled towel on my lower back, just a little above my waist for support of my spine.
I drink lots of water everyday. Fish oil and Vitamin C.

Michaelpak

Postby Michaelpak » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:16 am

Please explain how problems with my neck cause the pain in my upper back/left shoulder, upper arm and forearm? If not from the two bulgings discs, then what from?

Return to “Neck Pain Discussion”