Pain In Shoulders Despite Surgery

Issues related to Shoulder and Elbow pains
Sparks

Pain In Shoulders Despite Surgery

Postby Sparks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 pm

A couple of years ago a had a capsular shift surgery performed on each of my shoulders (surgeries 16 months apart) in an attempt to stop the frequent painful subbluxations that I was experiencing. Today I find that each of my shoulders are returning to their original, pre-op levels of instability, and that I often experience painful throbbing the usually originates in the posterior capsule of the shoulder and shoots down the back of my arm, causing pain in my elbow, and sometimes even my wrist. I have seen a multitude of doctors regarding these issues, but none of them have really been able to offer a concrete answer. Has anyone on this forum experienced anything remotely similar, or have any helpful advice?

Toast

Re: Pain In Shoulders Despite Surgery

Postby Toast » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:24 am

I think that lingering pain is a normal after surgery. But in your case, it might be a bit more serious. You should definitely revisit the doctor whenever you have the chance, and see what they say to you. Best case they give you pain meds and you're good to go. Worst case, it's something more serious and you have to go in for another surgery. Good look to you man.

Return to “Shoulder & Elbow Pain Discussion”