Tennis elbow

Issues related to Shoulder and Elbow pains
corzhens

Tennis elbow

Postby corzhens » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:48 am

I suspect that my husband is afflicted with the so called tennis elbow. He would usually complain upon waking up although the pain that not linger and it is not every day. A doctor we consulted said that it may be the uric acid that's doing that. And since my husband is fond of nuts - that is his usual snack especially the local nuts here including peanuts - I tend to agree. However, my husband had a blood chemistry analysis 2 weeks ago and the uric acid is just normal. I understand that the doctor would not retract his diagnosis of uric acid so my husband went to another doctor to consult for his gastritis and at the same time inquire about the tennis elbow. The diagnosis this time is abuse of the tendon. Do not carry heavy objects and observe. Well, it looks like that heavy object is the culprit.

negan

Re: Tennis elbow

Postby negan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Tennis elbow is also known as lateral epicondylitis, lateral elbow pain or rowing elbow. Also, is one of the most common overuse syndromes seen by primary care physicians, this condition is usually caused by injury or overuse of the extensor muscles of the forearm, since overuse causes microtears which leads to fibrosis and the formation of granulation tissue.

Return to “Shoulder & Elbow Pain Discussion”