Blocked ears after flying?

This specific forum is for help, questions and support regarding Ear related issues.
merlin

Blocked ears after flying?

Postby merlin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:07 pm

how to get rid of ear pain after flying?

Mandy

Re: Blocked ears after flying?

Postby Mandy » Mon May 02, 2016 4:27 am

This is a very common occurrence when flying. This happens because the air pressure is out of balance in the ear and it can't vibrate properly. One sure fire way to prevent this is to chew gum during the whole flight to keep it from clogging in the first place.

rickymuus

Postby rickymuus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:15 am

This is a common occurrence and it is as a result of pressure difference between air in the cabin and outside. Your body has the mechanism to correct the discomfort with time but it can be pretty annoying. Chewing gum and sometimes yawning might help.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:41 am

I am a traveler and I always experience that. First is during the take off when the plane reaches the cruising altitude, there is pain in the ear caused by the change in atmospheric pressure. The best is to chew a gum before take off and also before touching down. And if the pain persists, try yawning so the ear drum will stabilize with the current atmospheric pressure. Sometimes even in cruising altitude at 38,000 feet can still give you ear ache that's why some of the veteran flyers always have chewing gum with them. And if the pain is worse, press the lower back the ear to help ease the pressure inside. And most of all, try to relax for tense muscles tend to increase the pain.

vegito12

Postby vegito12 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:11 am

I do get annoyed when my ears are blocked when I have gotten off the plane and it can be hard to lift things as the pressure can affect the neck and the body as well in the process, and I usually try to rest and not get pressure in the body which makes me relax and not get stressed out. I usually use the ear plugs which can lessen the pressure in the ears and you can buy these plugs from the pharmacy and also it can be a good thing, to use this as you feel safer in the plane as the pressure is not as high as before which can make the flight pleasant. Ear plugs can be cheap to buy and also you don't need to buy expensive ones which may not do the job and just waste your money in the process, so it is important to check which earplug is suitable for you and which ones don't work as you can save money in the process.

pwarbi

Postby pwarbi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:37 pm

As others have already said, pain in your ears after or during a flight is quite a common occurrence and if the pain is so severe that it's actually putting you off flying, then there are a number of items you can ask the doctor or even the pharmacist for that could help relieve the pain. All the pain is in your ears is just a build up of pressure, and while I've never used them myself, I do know that there are earplugs that you can buy that are designed to relieve the pressure slowly, helping to ease the pain.

Others have said that sucking a sweet or holding your nose and swallowing is another way to help ease the pressure but I'm not sure if they're not just old wives tales, and while they might be the cheaper option, I'm not convinced that they'd actually work.

rz3300

Postby rz3300 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Oh well this just happens to be one of the main reasons why I hate flying. Every time I get the ear thing, on take and on landing, and then usually it is followed by a pretty large headache. I have yet to find anything substantially relevant in terms of cures or ailments, but I have just stuck to having aspirin on hand at all times, and that does ease the pain a little bit.

Michaelpak

Blocked ears after flying

Postby Michaelpak » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Dont know about Instagram, but I know hes blocked quite a few people from here on Twitter.

Return to “Ear Pain Discussion”