Simple Home remedies for Tinnitus (ringing in ears)

This specific forum is for help, questions and support regarding Ear related issues.
Louis

Simple Home remedies for Tinnitus (ringing in ears)

Postby Louis » Sun May 08, 2016 8:18 am

House Treatment for Tinnitis

These hints may help you reduce symptoms of tinnitus.

- Reduce or stop drinking alcohol and drinks containing caffeine.
- Quit smoking and quit using smokeless tobacco products. Nicotine use reduces blood flow to the structures of the ear and make it worse.
- Restrict use of aspirin, products containing aspirin, and other nonsteroidal antiinflammatory
- Exercise often - Exercise improves the flow of blood to the structures of the ear. But avert prolonged periods of exercise, for example bicycle riding, that keep your neck in a hyperextended position.

While waiting to see if your doctor has advised you that, try the following to cope with constant noise

- Make an effort to ignore the sound by diverting your focus on other matters.
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation, or yoga. Anxiety and exhaustion seem to make tinnitus worse.
- Silent rooms can cause tinnitus to seem more distracting. reduce the amount of noise you hear. Play background music if it helps you to get sleep.

Chuck

Re: Simple Home remedies for Tinnitus (ringing in ears)

Postby Chuck » Sun May 15, 2016 3:12 am

Those might be some good suggestions for some people, but they haven't worked for me. I have had a constant ringing in my left ear, caused from an ear infection I had several years ago. It's been ringing ever since that time. Are there any other remedies that you can recommend?

Mandy

Postby Mandy » Sun May 15, 2016 4:22 am

Chuck wrote:Those might be some good suggestions for some people, but they haven't worked for me. I have had a constant ringing in my left ear, caused from an ear infection I had several years ago. It's been ringing ever since that time. Are there any other remedies that you can recommend?

I take it that you have seen a doctor when this happened. Talk to your doctor about it as there are several medications that can help with it. Try to get regular exercise and eat a healthy diet. Also try to keep loud noises to a minimum as this may cause the ringing to get worse.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 am

Mandy wrote:I take it that you have seen a doctor when this happened. Talk to your doctor about it as there are several medications that can help with it. Try to get regular exercise and eat a healthy diet. Also try to keep loud noises to a minimum as this may cause the ringing to get worse.

Yes, when I first had the problem I did go see a doctor. The problem was I didn't go in time and the infection caused a five percent hearing loss in the ear that is ringing. I guess I will have to go back and see if they can do something about the ringing.

martyJo

Postby martyJo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:59 am

I've tried a lot of natural ways to reduce my tinnitis, but it refuses to go away. It's in both of my ears. Even now, while typing, I hear very loud ringing in both ears. Constantly.

I, too, had a lot of ear infections when I was a child. I had lots of ear, nose and throat problems.

I'm wondering if that isn't a common thread for most people who have tinnitus. I understand that some people can develop it after working around noise equipment and other loud surroundings. But for those of us who didn't get it that way, did you have any ear infections or other conditions when you were a child?

Remontvfdspb

Simple Home remedies for Tinnitus ringing in ears

Postby Remontvfdspb » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:03 am

Oh for the love of the Emperor what did i just say? If you remove the deadzones a controller has the same skill capacity of a mouse. I CAN NOT USE A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE AT THE SAME TIME

Danfossvlts

View first unread post

Postby Danfossvlts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:55 am

I searched for fw20 and did not see anything that I was allowed to see, only one thing in the sale section or somthing which you need a post to view, so tada. Anyway, I have a fw20 deck and when you hit play on either side it usually spins but the left side of the tape just keeps getting eaten up, like maybe only on of the reels is spinning. anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “Ear Pain Discussion”