It really pays to clean your ear regularly

This specific forum is for help, questions and support regarding Ear related issues.
Tonja Keeton

It really pays to clean your ear regularly

Postby Tonja Keeton » Tue May 03, 2016 1:57 am

The most common reason for ear aches is because people don't clean them every once in a while. Clean them often and they will hurt more too. My younger brother before felt his ear ache and we just had to see a doctor for that. The only solution? He just used his tools and got rid of all the dirt in my brother's ear. That's the only cause of it. No medicine needed at all. The doctor said it's good that my brother is cleaning his ears often but he's doing it wrong. If you're using cotton buds and you're not careful, it might just push the dirt further inside your ear and that might cause inflammation.

Eminrac

Re: It really pays to clean your ear regularly

Postby Eminrac » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 am

This is so true! A few years ago, I had a serious impaction of ear wax that was literally making me deaf. I freaked out and went to my local ear clinic. They told me I just needed to get my ears cleaned, so they sat me in a chair and removed the wax from my ear with a small pair of tweezers, and boy did I feel amazing afterwards! Apparently Q tips are something to be avoided.

HearMeRoar

Postby HearMeRoar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:57 am

Yes, hygiene is definitely a great shield you can have against diseases and infections. Ear infections can really make you a very sick person, and once aggravated, you would be able to experience a lot of systemic illnesses that you can even get and risk losing your sense of hearing. When an illness is targeting one of your prime senses, you definitely would have to be able to go to the doctor as soon as possible.

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Tonja Keeton wrote:The most common reason for ear aches is because people don't clean them every once in a while. Clean them often and they will hurt more too. My younger brother before felt his ear ache and we just had to see a doctor for that. The only solution? He just used his tools and got rid of all the dirt in my brother's ear. That's the only cause of it. No medicine needed at all. The doctor said it's good that my brother is cleaning his ears often but he's doing it wrong. If you're using cotton buds and you're not careful, it might just push the dirt further inside your ear and that might cause inflammation.

Ear aches happen if you use cotton swabs too often. That is irritating the canal and ear drums. Wax does not irritate your ear drums. Wax actually protects your ear drums. It's when you have too much ear wax, it actually blocks your hearing.

cyclistbabe

Postby cyclistbabe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 am

How do you clean them without swabs? My ex used to tell me how his mom taught him to clean his ears with bobby pins... boy did that make me cringe. He would always get ear infections and I'm like... I wonder why!

rickymuus

Postby rickymuus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:24 am

Indeed. Hearing is a very important sense and therefore cleaning your ears is vital. When ears get infected they can be pretty uncomfortable and irritating. Clean your ears regularly. Do not wet earbuds with your tongue as this may transfer bacteria to your ear.

bonzer

Postby bonzer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm afraid this is NOT true. You should not enter the inner part of your ear with an ear bud. You may clean the exterior of your ear. Ear wax is produced naturally and is a natural protection to the inner lining of the ear and the ear drum. An ENT doctor removes the wax and may prescribe eardrops(depending on the need) if you catch any bacterial or fungal infection. This is purely need-based as in the case of an ear pain, discomfort and so on.

Regular ear cleaning is a misconception and should not be attempted at home.

Return to “Ear Pain Discussion”