Arm numbness

Issues related to Shoulder and Elbow pains
Nero-Bianco

Arm numbness

Postby Nero-Bianco » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:01 am

Not sure where to put this so I chose here as it's really my arms that are the problem. Basically I like to sleep on my side with my hand under my head, the problem is I often wake up with an entirely numb arm... Could there be some underlying reason for this? Or is it just the position I'm sleeping in?

Maji

Re: Arm numbness

Postby Maji » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:56 pm

It's propably the position you sleep in, otherwise your arm would go numb during the course of the day as well. You might be more prone to numbness than others if you have a large skeleton build.

Nero-Bianco

Postby Nero-Bianco » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Maji wrote:It's propably the position you sleep in, otherwise your arm would go numb during the course of the day as well. You might be more prone to numbness than others if you have a large skeleton build.

Ah yes that is very true. Thanks for this, I do have a fairly large skeleton I believe.

Nuk1nat0r

Postby Nuk1nat0r » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:34 am

You might be blocking the blood flow by leaning on that arm; because you don't have any blood in that arm, your nerves tend to not respond, creating that numb feeling.

rz3300

Postby rz3300 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Well like some other users have mentioned it may just be a result of a temporary blood flow stoppage and it is just the blood getting back in there, but unfortunately there is a worse diagnosis if it is something else. I had numbness in my limbs a while ago and I went in and finally got diagnosed with high blood pressure, and now with medications and a better diet it is under control. The doctor did say that it could have been a sign of other, more sever, conditions too though so it is best to just get yourself checked out.

negan

Postby negan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:09 am

I also had experience arm numbness sometimes whe I woke. It is certainly de to blocking the blood flow by applying continous pressure that a weight exerts over your arm veins, like putting the weigh of your torso or neck over our arm.
Don't worry, only rub vigorously your veins to stimulate blood flow no sooner you get up from bed.

AllenimIptWP

Arm numbness

Postby AllenimIptWP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

almost 2 months po and still numbness but shooting pain when extending arm seems to be going away. no strength yet. no rehab yet.

Return to “Shoulder & Elbow Pain Discussion”