Coconut Oil

Post home remedies for diseases and other helpful treatments
Veruska

Re: Coconut Oil

Postby Veruska » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:46 am

juono wrote:
negan wrote:There’s a claim that coconut oil can reduce the mental losses from Alzheimer’s disease by providing an alternate energy source for your brain. But right now the evidence is mostly word-of-mouth and not from research. Coconut oil does have antioxidants, compounds that may help reduce the risk of disease. But you’ll likely get a bigger antioxidant bang for your buck from vegetables, fruits, and whole grains instead of only coconut oil.

I don't agree. Doing oil pulling is such a waste of time. It doesn't remove plaque or reduce bacteria enough to make a difference. You have to brush your teeth, mechanically removing plaque to protect your teeth. On the either side, oil contains harmful additive which can also harm the health too. I've been doing this oil pulling crap to whiten teeth but there was no effect - just a bootless errand :roll: .
Then recently I got my teeth whitened from Skyview Dental clinic in Aurora. The treatment I got it done was zoom in-office treatment which was around 45 minutes to an hour long procedure and there you go....a bright and picturesque smile. I believe trying out these home remedies and waiting out for its results till a decade is just a waste of time.

When I asked my dentist about oil pulling, I was told that while the research is lacking, it could be considered an effective and safe alternative to mouthwash and that there shouldn’t be any harm to trying it.

Veruska

Postby Veruska » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:01 am

ladydaydream wrote:Has anyone heard of "oil pulling"? It's the method of putting about a tablespoon of oil in one's mouth and swishing it around for fifteen to twenty minutes. People say it has health benefits from teeth whitening to improving gum health to even reducing nausea and improving one's mood. I've tried it once or twice and honestly, as much as it seems like a silly home remedy, I've enjoyed it and it definitely makes my mouth feel very healthy, even if it might not be completely useful. I suggest those curious to give it a shot! Coconut oil is amazing.

ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health.

cookortho.com

arvindprasad

Postby arvindprasad » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am

Over the centuries coconut oil is used to remove skin and health related problems. The medicinal qualities present in it keep beauty and hair healthy.To get rid of dead skin problem, mix coconut oil with brown sugar and scrub it. This will make the skin soft.Due to dust, soil often explodes. Instead of using expensive chemical lip balm, use coconut oil as lip balm.

Return to “Home Remedies & Treatments”