Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Discussion on neuropathic issues
RichE8475

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Postby RichE8475 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:50 am

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has caused much irritation in my life over the past decade. I believe that the onset was due to being a student in college, and working within the healthcare system. I first thought that I was just getting tired, but I eventually started having trouble just writing one sentence. I have spoken with my doctor about it, and have asked if there was something to ease up the pain. Does anyone here have any suggestions that might help?

filmjunkie08

Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Postby filmjunkie08 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:15 am

Have you tried wearing a soft brace or wrap?

negan

Postby negan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:43 pm

You can purchase a wrist splint at your local drugstore to keep the wrist in an optimal position at rest. Although Carpal tunnel syndrome is not primarily an inflammatory process, pain is a common complaint, and anti-inflammatory medications are sometimes used to try to treat the pain. Anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen may provide some relief but are unlikely to cure carpal tunnel syndrome.

DBJackson

Postby DBJackson » Fri May 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Yes-I just spoke to a Neurologist who is using Non invasive transdermal therapy Deoxyhemoglobin Vasodilator for Carpal Tunnel among other things (sleep, neuropathy, migraines)...It is medical grade CO2 applied on skin.

dbj

Return to “Neuropathic Pain Discussion”