Abcess on the lower eyelid

Forum for eye pains and other eye problems or health conditions related to Vision and Eye Disorders.
remnant

Postby remnant » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Sometimes on waking up, I have developed an abcess on the lower eyelid. It seems like a result of a trauma due to accumulation of fluid as a result of sleeping on one side or it could be as a result of a localised infection. However, it clears after a period of time after eliciting much discomfort. Have you ever suffered from similar issues? What remedy worked in your case? A visit to a physician might not yield the desired results since medicine is prescribed on the basis of symptomatology and elimination.

joshposh

Re: Abcess on the lower eyelid

Postby joshposh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Sounds like a stye to me. Read my thread and see what remedies do work. I just got over it last week and it was painful and irritating as I could not touch it or rub my eyes.

The weird part of it all was the fact that when it burst on it's own, there was a film that would blanket my vision. When I was on the computer I could see the white film cover the lens of my eyes. Gross to think about it but it was harmless.

http://www.paindiscussion.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248#.V3GKf_l96FY

rldonah

Postby rldonah » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 am

Definitely don't try to pop it! Whenever I feel I have a sty incoming, I get a wash cloth or even a paper towel and wet it with hot water (as hot as I can stand) and apply it directly to the affected area but not over my entire eye. I have to actually hold it in place so it doesn't rest on my eye. I refresh the heat as often as I feel is needed. Usually, that seems to do the trick if I catch it in time.

Alternatively, for a sty that is already developed, gently wash the area and apply a warm washcloth over your closed eye. Keep refreshing the wash cloth with warm water when it loses its warmth, and reapply as often as needed for about 5-10 minutes. If you keep doing that throughout the day, it should help the sty to drain on its own.

Lynk

Postby Lynk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:18 am

Do you have allergies? If it's a real accumulation of fluid that could be a possible cause. If so, the best case would be prevention by using hypoallergenic pillows and bedding and controlling for dust in the home. You may need ongoing treatment with allergy meds if it's a recurring problem?

LarryArema

Postby LarryArema » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:49 am

Thank you for your work

Is there any way of specifying your own MAC address for the TAP driver? Possibly upon loading the driver?

Thanks again.

Return to “Eye Pain Discussion”