Eating spicy food a reason for back pain?

Forum to discuss lower/upper back pain, hip pain, preventive health advice on back pain & hip pain related issues from the forum community
Linyabs

Re: Eating spicy food a reason for back pain?

Postby Linyabs » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am

I totally agree with most guys who have commented above. I don't think spicy food can cause back pain, well I've never heard of that. But indigestion does cause stomach and possibly back pain. When the spicy food you took was not digested properly then it could strain the gall bladder or your pelvic area and you end up experiencing back pain. There is also a chance that your sitting posture when eating was poor and caused your back pain. However, if the pain persists for a while then it is important to have it checked immediately to know the exact cause of the pain.

justastarwarsnerd

Postby justastarwarsnerd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:43 pm

I don't think spicy food could directly affect your back. However, it is possible that your gallbladder or other organs involved with digestion are being affected. You can often feel pain caused by this in your back. You should see a doctor to discuss a diagnosis and possible lifestyle changes.

Best of luck!

Nuk1nat0r

Postby Nuk1nat0r » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't think that eating spicy food will lead to back pain, but it may be other reasons like your posture while you eat or what you do afterward. Directly, spicy food won't lead to back pain. Perhaps you are experiencing some form of indigestion?

Goodman

Postby Goodman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 am

еxpеriеnсing bасk pаin whilе еаting fооd оr аftеr а mеаl is nоt nоrmаl аnd it indiсаtеs sоmе sоrt оf prоblеm оr hеаlth issuе. Rеаsоns fоr fееling pаin in yоur bасk whilе еаting аrе widе-rаnging аnd inсludе simplе саusеs suсh аs pооr pоsturе оr mоrе sеriоus соnditiоns suсh аs stоmасh ulсеrs. If yоur bасk pаin is соnsistеntly triggеrеd by еаting аnd thе situаtiоn dоеs nоt rеsоlvе itsеlf within а fеw dаys, соntасt yоur dосtоr.

rldonah

Postby rldonah » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 am

Like previous posters have replied, it's very unlikely that the spicy food has anything to do with your back pain. Fast foods reek havoc on your digestive system as can trigger an inflammatory response in the body. This can lead to swelling and pain in various places in the body. Cutting back on highly processed/ fast foods would be a good first step. Make sure to drink plenty of water and foods like berries, pineapple, ginger, turmeric, and garlic are good natural anti-inflammatories. If you are having issues with extreme pain after eating, I would suggest you consult your physician to find out what's going on.

kenedy

Postby kenedy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:27 am

I don't think that it's bad but remember that eating spicy food is not good for your stomach.you should eat healthier food rather than spicy food...

annhenderson

Postby annhenderson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:22 pm

It was believed that spicy foods or stress could lead to peptic ulcers And it can cause referred pain in your back. Might be poor posture or kidney problem. Just better see a doctor make sure.

bennieFrusy

Eating spicy food a reason for back pain

Postby bennieFrusy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

I havent tried that system, but RYB is more or less based on muscle imbalances.

Id be interested to know what Lose the Back Pain has you doing to correct the muscle imbalances.

Return to “Back & Hip Pain Discussion”