How to recover from Vitamin C and Zinc deficiency?

Forum to discuss lower/upper back pain, hip pain, preventive health advice on back pain & hip pain related issues from the forum community
Ramsay

How to recover from Vitamin C and Zinc deficiency?

Postby Ramsay » Fri May 13, 2016 5:57 am

I have Vitamin C and Zinc deficiency. What are the effects of losing these two? How does it affects my body and are there any natural supplements to overcome it?

HearMeRoar

Re: How to recover from Vitamin C and Zinc deficiency?

Postby HearMeRoar » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Vitamin C is definitely a big factor in your immune system, as well as a little known disease called scurvy. It's a pretty nasty disease, giving you swollen gums, as well as the delayed healing of wounds. Lower immune system is also bad, as you would be more susceptible to diseases and everyday viruses, than your body can normally repel. I suggest the best way to fix this is to simply take supplements. It's not really that hard, and they are fairly cheap, but a regular dose of multivitamins would go a long way.

martyJo

Postby martyJo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:48 pm

I remember reading about 4 or 5 years ago, information that Dr. Linus Pauling had published about our need for Vitamin C, and how it is so much higher than the government's RDA (around 60 mg?). Dr. Pauling, although not a medical professional, was a famous researcher (and winner of two Nobel prizes) and he firmly believed that our bodies all suffer from a severe lack of Vitamin C (other vitamins, too, but especially C).

He stated that he believed our modern society is riddled with cancers of all sorts because we don't take enough vitamin C to overcome the stresses they are exposed to daily. Vitamin C is water-soluble, which means that our bodies can't store it in our cells, they get flushed out if not used daily. So we must replenish them daily. He himself took 12,000 mg per day (12 grams) and more (up to 40,000) if he was exposed to any viruses or bacteria (especially cold or flu).

More recently, Dr. Hugh Riordan carried out a 15-year long research project called RECNAC (cancer spelled backwards), which showed that vitamin C was selectively toxic against cancer cells.

Other doctors are quick to point out other research experiments that seem to "prove" that Vitamin C has little or no effect on disease. But what do they offer as an alternative? Pharmaceutical medications that they can make a profit on? If big pharma companies could make money on Vitamin C, they would be sponsoring all kinds of research that prove that Vitamin C can cure just about anything.

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:40 pm

martyJo wrote:I remember reading about 4 or 5 years ago, information that Dr. Linus Pauling had published about our need for Vitamin C, and how it is so much higher than the government's RDA (around 60 mg?). Dr. Pauling, although not a medical professional, was a famous researcher (and winner of two Nobel prizes) and he firmly believed that our bodies all suffer from a severe lack of Vitamin C (other vitamins, too, but especially C).

He stated that he believed our modern society is riddled with cancers of all sorts because we don't take enough vitamin C to overcome the stresses they are exposed to daily. Vitamin C is water-soluble, which means that our bodies can't store it in our cells, they get flushed out if not used daily. So we must replenish them daily. He himself took 12,000 mg per day (12 grams) and more (up to 40,000) if he was exposed to any viruses or bacteria (especially cold or flu).

More recently, Dr. Hugh Riordan carried out a 15-year long research project called RECNAC (cancer spelled backwards), which showed that vitamin C was selectively toxic against cancer cells.

Other doctors are quick to point out other research experiments that seem to "prove" that Vitamin C has little or no effect on disease. But what do they offer as an alternative? Pharmaceutical medications that they can make a profit on? If big pharma companies could make money on Vitamin C, they would be sponsoring all kinds of research that prove that Vitamin C can cure just about anything.

Yes, I agree 100%.

I use to take up to 4000 mg a day at one point as I found out later that my family was highly susceptible to cancer. That's right. People are born with cancer cells and and over time your immune system gets weak and the cancer cells take over forming tumors. Cancer doesn't just appear. They just get worse over time.

Cancer cells grow and feeds off of sugar. As they have many receptors that love sugar. Cancer cells cannot distinguish the difference between sugar and Vitmain C, so it takes it in readily. Vitamin C is actually a poison to cancer cells and it does kill it.

Some of you might think that by just taking Vitamin C that should take care of that, wrong. You need to stop eating unhealthy processed, sugary, carbohydrate foods that feed your cancer cells. Then start attacking them with Vitamin C.

morgoodie

Postby morgoodie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 am

Eating lots of fruits and vegetables that have vitamin C in them is a good idea to help boost your levels. Low levels can affect your immune system and that can make you become sick a lot easier. I take a supplement of vitamin C when it is cold season just to boost my immune system and I find that I do not get sick as much and if I do it does not last as long.

Michaelpak

How to recover from Vitamin C and Zinc deficiency

Postby Michaelpak » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:33 pm

I very rarely have Tonic Clonics but from memory the tonic clonics I have had in the last 11 years 3 all up it took me at less 1 - 2 days to fully recover after the seizure.

Return to “Back & Hip Pain Discussion”