Do you always drink medicine for your sinus?

This discussion forum is for questions and support regarding Head, Nose and Facial related related
Marco Mogan

Do you always drink medicine for your sinus?

Postby Marco Mogan » Tue May 03, 2016 2:01 am

Do you always drink medicine for your sinus? I kept on drinking medicine before to get rid of the pain in my sinus but it comes back after a few days. Thank god my friend suggested this to me. You don't need to drink any medicine at all. You just need to clean your nose by letting water go over each of the holes in your nose alternatively. This way, the major pathway that is being clogged in your sinus can be cleansed and relives you of the pain as well.

Moroccanbeauty2266

Re: Do you always drink medicine for your sinus?

Postby Moroccanbeauty2266 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 am

I have heard about putting water in your nose to help your sinuses and have tried it myself. It does help.
Other than that, I like to inhale chamomile tea when my sinuses get bad.
Drinking medicine for sinuses is something I personally would not do. However, I have seen that there are creams that you can get at the pharmacy that help your sinuses as well.

Aced

Postby Aced » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:37 am

Not particularly unless it's bad. One of my tricks is to sip water and use it to replace the liquid on the roof of my mouth, that allows more mucus to seep out and by refreshing that water constantly, it helps clear things out naturally.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:51 am

My mother has sinus problems. She use almond oil in her nose when ever sinus begin to trouble her. She also regularly cleans her nose with warn water with a pinch of salt. If you have recurring sinus problems, one drop of almond oil on each nose hole will do miracle. Sinus burgeons when your nose is stuffed or running, thus you should also clean your nose and warm water with a pinch of salt is the best nose cleaner.

Toast

Postby Toast » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:11 am

I have a lot of allergies, so I have to deal with a lot of nose problems on the regular. I think that you can take medicine, and it helps, but you can also just tough it out. If you're experiencing a lot of sinus pain, I don't think there's really a way around taking medicine. It's highly suggested that you do.

Tara

Postby Tara » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:50 am

I have seasonal sinus problems. I live in California so I have sinus problems year round. I have heard that a Neti Pot works well, but I haven't tried it. I take fried dried Stinging Nettles for my sinuses. I try them on a dare because I didn't believe that they wouldn't work. I was taking prescription meds for my sinuses. The Stinging Nettles worked just as well. I was so surprised at how well and quickly they worked.

Return to “Head, Nose & Face Pain Discussion”