Just getting older?

Discussion forum on issues related to muscles and joint pains
martyJo

Just getting older?

Postby martyJo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Maybe it's me. After all, I am getting older, but I don't think of 57 as being that old. But I just can't hold up to physical labor like I used to. I help my daughter with her cleaning business. And after 4 hours on my feet, I am exhausted. My back hurts, my hips hurt, my feet hurt. I use a special shoe with the memory foam, so that helps tremendously, but I ache all over.

And in my life, I've worked shift work where I have to be on my feet 8 to 10 hours. I remember feeling tired after a full shift, but nothing like this. Am I just getting older, or is this normal? I don't want to go to the doctor just to complain of being sore and tired. I have never been one to complain of regular pain, especially as my pain threshold has always been rather high.

Maybe I just need to lose 20 pounds. Either that, or I really am getting old.....shudder......

pwarbi

Re: Just getting older?

Postby pwarbi » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I do think that sometimes we have to just admit the fact that we are simply getting old. The older we get, the more wear and tear our bodies suffer so we're going to develop more and more aches and pains.

By eating healthily and making sure that we stay fit and active, we can reduce how many aches we get, but at the end of the day, as the saying goes...old age catches up with even the best of us.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:18 am

I am overweight and that's probably what's making me slow in my movement. I used to be spry because I was skinny and only gained weight in my 30s. But I don't want to admit that we are getting old hence the weakening of our body. It's not good for our subconscious to feel that way. However, when I get to exercise properly during weekends, I get a different feeling like being strong and healthy again. As they say, a good morning exercise can give you the energy that will last long until the evening.

Aced

Postby Aced » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:41 am

It's probably a combination of lifestyle, age and intake. Maybe look up Lou Corona and see how he does it? I believe he's a bit older than yourself and is in fantastic conditions ;) He has quite a bit of info up out there.

Deeishere111

Postby Deeishere111 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:06 pm

You are right in that you are not old. :) I'm 53 and we are just in our fabulous 50's. I do understand about getting tired and having the aches and pains after hard work. I believe that if you do some stretches throughout the day that would help. I am getting back into working out and I have noticed a difference. Before, it was tiresome to go up and down the stairs. Now I can go up and down without a problem. I have more energy and endurance. I also stretch a lot the muscles that I have worked.

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:46 pm

I'm getting older as well, we all are. But compared to the physical level that I use to be in, it's like night and day.

People including the person getting old, will point to that and give no other reason. Why does age mean that you can't perform like you use to. Sure your metabolic rate goes down, testosterone levels are flat lined, but what really brings us down.

Two things you need to look at. One being your attitude with getting older, and secondly, your over health. You must not give in to the preconceived notion that you are over the hill and done for. If you believe in that then no one can help. Stop being self defeating.

Now you have to look at your health. I can honestly say I felt really old when I ate like a pig and shoved anything down my throat with no remorse. When change your diet, everything about you physically and emotionally will change for the better. Over time your body will have wear and tear, but it's your diet and letting your body heal will be the determining factor in how you are perceived.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Muscular and joint pain are common for my mother, 57 years of age and father at 70. Muscular and joint pains are common and recurring problems in old people. However, my sister who is just 37 also experiences joint pain and muscles pain, it could because of her weight, her BMI indicates that she is over weight. My wife, 31, also experiences joint and muscles pain, however, this is a recent phenomena. After gallbladder surgery, she is finding hard to recover fully.

djordjem87

Postby djordjem87 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:07 pm

I am fully active 29-year-old male person and I feel like that sometimes. I believe that it is not about our age but more about things that we do and how we treat our body overtime. We do not have perfect conditions including, beds, shoes, overloading with work, lifting heavy things for long period of time. We do not have regular massages, we do not eat properly and drink healthy water. We sit in a wrong way so our neck is bent over and it starts to hurt. I have a granny in neighbourhood who was not sick once in her life. She was born in 1923 and she is just fine. She is a bit bent over but that is another thing completely. I talk to her regularly and she tells me all the time she doesn't feel pain in joints, feet or back and she is active. She works in the field. She has crops and that is a hard work but she is one of those who live the old type of life. Healthy one.

Return to “Muscles & Joints Pain Discussion”