Eating spicy food a reason for back pain?

Forum to discuss lower/upper back pain, hip pain, preventive health advice on back pain & hip pain related issues from the forum community
Rosie

Eating spicy food a reason for back pain?

Postby Rosie » Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 pm

I am experiencing back pain after taking food. Is it because i eat spicy food? I often eat spicy food and fast foods. It's very discomforting, Is it the reason for back pain or anything else?

Brian

Re: Eating spicy food a reason for back pain?

Postby Brian » Thu May 12, 2016 3:37 pm

First off, fast foods are bad for you and you should try eating healthier. As far as food hurting your back after you eat it could be caused by a number of things. It could be bad posture when you eat, heartburn, gallbladder problems, ulcers, pancreatitis, just to name a few.

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Thu May 12, 2016 11:42 pm

If you experience back pain after eating spicy food, it definitely has to do with problems with your digestion and not a problem with your back per-se. You should definitely go to a doctor and have yourself checked out.

MiForum

Postby MiForum » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:54 pm

I highly disagree that eating spicy food is the cause to your back pain. It can be the way you are sitting when you eat. Hows your posture? Are you sitting up straight when you eat? What about your bed? It can be a numerous of things causing you to have back pains. Seeking help from a doctor will be your best bet.

HearMeRoar

Postby HearMeRoar » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:11 am

I don't think so. Maybe it's your kidneys though, and not your back in general. If you close your fists and put it as far to the back of your body, the area where your fists would be, would be where the kidneys are located. If those are the parts that would hurt, then maybe it is a more serious condition, such as kidney damage from an underlying disease. I really don't think food can give you back pain, and you should probably get that checked out at the hospital, just in case.

richj8am30

Postby richj8am30 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 am

In some cases it can be the opposite. Turmeric is a well known spice that has within it plenty of qualities that you won’t find anywhere else. Not only does Turmeric serve as the unique coloring and flavoring for most of your favorite curry dishes but it also has many other great benefits. The most well known benefit is that it can relieve physical pain. If you are experiencing any type of back trauma then turmeric will be your spicy food of choice and not teh other way around.

Lynk

Postby Lynk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:28 am

I think spicy food is very healthy. Most doctors think it actually aids in digestion despite some people's beliefs. But you also mention fast foods. I wonder if it could be the fat content causing problems? I know I don't feel well after consuming a really high fat meal, which is common with fast food restaurants.

Toast

Postby Toast » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:03 pm

If you're asking if spicy food has any direct link to back pain, then no. I'm pretty sure of that. However, if the spicy food also happens to be bad for you, there could be a roundabout link there. Generally, eating unhealthy doesn't do anything bad to your bones, but not getting the sufficient vitamins, can. But all in all, I think if you ate something spicy, and experienced back-pain, it's likely unrelated. However, since I'm not a doctor, if it happens to you everytime you eat spicy food, it might be worth going to your doctor over. It could be some obscure disease or disorder most people have never even heard of. Good luck!

pwarbi

Postby pwarbi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm

First off, I think it's important to find out if the pain your experiencing is just down to when you eat spicy foods as opposed to just any food. A lot of people find that spicy food can bring on heartburn and indigestion and that can affect your back aswell as your front where your stomach is.

If your getting the same pain when your just eating anything and everything, I'd definitely go to your doctors to get it checked out, if it's only when eating spicy food, I'd probably just try and cut that out of your diet to start off with, and see how that goes.

morgoodie

Postby morgoodie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:29 am

I do not think that the spicy food would cause you back pain unless it is related to indigestion and you are feeling it in your back for some reason. Sometimes, spicy or greasy food can cause you to experience pain from gallbladder problems. It can be hard to determine where the pain is coming from when you are having a gallbladder attack. I would consult my doctor though if you feel it is a problem and you are experiencing it frequently.

Return to “Back & Hip Pain Discussion”