Computer Eye Relief

Forum for eye pains and other eye problems or health conditions related to Vision and Eye Disorders.
tilburkj

Computer Eye Relief

Postby tilburkj » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey, guys! I work exclusively online, so eye strain can be a big issue for me! However, I do recommend the following treatments to remedy this problem:

Computer Eye Relief Drops: I get these at my local health food store. They are homeopathic and safe, and I love how much cooler and relaxed my eye muscles feel after a day of instructing/writing.

Green Tea Bags: I boil and steep tea, then I take out the bags (while they're warm) and use them as a compress over both eyes.

I hope these ideas are useful for your unique situations! What are your favorite "home" remedies? :)

negan

Re: Computer Eye Relief

Postby negan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Do you mind tell us what is your job about? I think taking a nap is a better option for sight fatigue, also remember to work in a well lit environment. Poor light makes your eyes get tired faster.

joshposh

Postby joshposh » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:47 pm

tilburkj wrote:Hey, guys! I work exclusively online, so eye strain can be a big issue for me! However, I do recommend the following treatments to remedy this problem:

Computer Eye Relief Drops: I get these at my local health food store. They are homeopathic and safe, and I love how much cooler and relaxed my eye muscles feel after a day of instructing/writing.

Green Tea Bags: I boil and steep tea, then I take out the bags (while they're warm) and use them as a compress over both eyes.

I hope these ideas are useful for your unique situations! What are your favorite "home" remedies? :)

Do you wear glasses? I know a guy that kept on getting new prescriptions all the time. Eventually he remedy his vision problem when we got him a 40 inch monitor. That way he could back away from the screen and not be straining so much.

Vinaya

Postby Vinaya » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:18 am

I also sit before my computer for a long time, usually for 10 hours in a day. I have never used computer eye relief. However, I use Ciprofloxacin eye drops, which waters my eyes and cleanses dirt inside. I also use cucumber slice, tomato on my eyes. I have never used ea bags, but I hear that is it very good for eyes.

pwarbi

Postby pwarbi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:40 am

Eye strain is quite common these days as more and more of us are sat in front of computer monitors for a lot longer than is recommended. Taking frequent breaks is often the best way to combat eye strain, and even though you may think you're too bust to take a break from work or whatever your doing, in the long run you'll actually be able to get more done as you'll be able to work longer.

There's not many things worse than eye strain, especially if you have things to do, as eye strain can bring on headaches and even migraines, so making sure you have the required breaks, even if it's only ten minutes away from the screen will make a huge difference and you'll even feel less tired at the end of the day as eye strain can also cause fatigue.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:53 am

I work in the IT departments so it is obvious that I am in front of the computer most of the time except when I am in a meeting. We have a policy in the office to stand up and do something else even for a minute or so every hour. That means you have only a maximum of 1 hour to spend continuously in the computer so as to give yourself a respite - for the eyes and also the mind not to mention the neck, arm, hands and other parts of the body that is strained by the computer use. Even at home, I make it a point to stand and get away from the computer for a time when I feel something is brewing like a strained eye.

Moroccanbeauty2266

Postby Moroccanbeauty2266 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:05 am

I have worked in a call center before for two years and eye pain was very common among our colleagues.
The best thing I can recommend is to take many breaks as possible and to also look away from the PC screen every half an hour in order to reduce the strain on your eyes. There are also special herbal teas just for eye problems. You could even take eye vitamins.

juono

Postby juono » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:40 am

During weekends....take some time...and put the slice of cucumber on your eyes...t's very relieving when you do so. Try it out.

jivayush

Postby jivayush » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:24 am

To reduce your risk of dry eyes during computer use, try this exercise: Every 20 minutes, blink 10 times by closing your eyes as if falling asleep (very slowly). This will help rewet your eyes. To ease eye strain, make sure you use good lighting and sit at a proper distance from the computer screen.

Wekart

Postby Wekart » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:27 am

Hi I do spend more time online on computer hence i also go through the eye strain problem which bring an glaucoma problem to me, but thank to my doctor who had put me on Latisse eye drop to treat my condition and now it was cured. But to take an special care i use an chrome extension called eyeCare - Protect your vision

Return to “Eye Pain Discussion”