Ear Pain Due to Dental Issues

This specific forum is for help, questions and support regarding Ear related issues.
ziskasun

Ear Pain Due to Dental Issues

Postby ziskasun » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:22 pm

I have experienced pretty significant ear pain due to infected teeth or sores in my mouth. I have full dentures now, but because of having lupus, I often have weird sores in my mouth, I don't know why but MAN OH MAN do they hurt! I usually get some eventual relief from salt water rinsing but I often have to resort to 800mg of Advil as well. Sometimes it just makes me so miserable. I am hoping I can read through some articles here and find a better solution.

joshposh

Re: Ear Pain Due to Dental Issues

Postby joshposh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:19 pm

As a kid I use to get sick and the lymph nodes under my jaw use to get swollen all the time. From there the infection use to travel to my ears. So it is common for infection to spread from the jaw area to your ears. Happened to me quite a few times.

The simple truth is you need to stop getting infections period. It will spread to your ears eventually. If you need a prescription for antibiotics then your doctor can prescribe you some as a precautionary measure. If you have a history of ear infections due to infections in your mouth, then your doctor can take note of that.

But as always, you should be looking at natural ways to heal yourself. Research all you can about natural remedies and antibacterial plants to help with the process. Also, if you change your diet and go organic and non gmo, you will find that you will rarely get sick.

Novelangel

Postby Novelangel » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Colloidal silver, while expensive, can make a huge difference in oral infections as it is a natural antibiotic. If you have a health store in your area that sells the stuff or can order some online, you might want to rinse your mouth with it daily to cut down on infections. Also, problems that arise due to fungal infections can be helped by rinsing your mouth with warm water and baking soda. It doesn't taste good but then again, neither does the salt water rinse that you're already using. Baking soda is a natural fungicide, so if you notice white growths in your mouth from time to time, that's probably what you need. By the way, both of these products can be safely used in the ears and nose as well, which should help clear up your sinuses and Eustachian tubes to keep your ears healthier.

Also, since you state that you have Lupus, (and I'm very sorry to hear that, by the way) perhaps you need to get a LOT of antioxidants into your system. The fastest way I've found to do that is by drinking black coffee, (decaf or regular, it doesn't matter) on a regular basis. Coffee beans have one of the highest antioxidant counts found in nature, so getting your daily cup of java is not all the bad that people make it out to be. It doesn't have to be expensive coffee, nor does it have to be in bean form. You can get as good, if not better, results from ordinary instant coffee. I often get slammed when I start talking about the health benefits of coffee, but look it up for yourself as the information is everywhere on the web. ;)

Plus... and I know this is getting long-winded, I apologize... but if you have dentures, make sure that they fit perfectly and keep them adjusted to always fit your mouth perfectly. Poorly fitted dentures are often the cause of mouth sores and mouth pain because while they probably fit great when you first get them, that can change with time as your jaw structure changes. I hope that you start feeling better very soon.

raquelxfm

Postby raquelxfm » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 pm

A few years ago I had a dental implant surgery that made my entire face hurt during recovery. It proceeded to get infected, and that pain was even worse. A pain in your mouth really radiates everywhere else, so I feel your pain. A lot of home remedies work whether you believe it or not. I have heard a lot of people say it works for them and it did help ease my pain a little when someone told me that putting cinnamon on the sore in my mouth would help. I do suggest you look online and see the different reactions people have to different things. Personally what I like about at home remedies is that they are typically natural things that if they don't help, at the very least they don't hurt so they usually don't hurt to try. I attempted to post a url but it did not allow me but if you google home remedies for mouth sores, the first few look very helpful.

Moroccanbeauty2266

Postby Moroccanbeauty2266 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:09 am

I often have dental issues and every time I do I would feel some pain on my right ear.
The swishing of salt water helps for the inside of your mouth.
However, for your ear, clove oil helps a lot.

corzhens

Postby corzhens » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:33 am

There was a time that my husband was beset with decaying teeth. And before he had the chance to go to the dentist for extraction, the abscess in his molar caused him pains in the ear. It is actually the vein below the ear lobe that was painful. When he went to the doctor, the diagnosis was lymph node in the upper part of the neck that is affecting the ear. And the cause of the lymph node is the abscess in the molar. But the teeth were not extracted immediately for the swelling of the abscess should be controlled first by antibiotic.

Return to “Ear Pain Discussion”