Ear ringing?

This specific forum is for help, questions and support regarding Ear related issues.
Krnasmommy

Ear ringing?

Postby Krnasmommy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Sometimes I get this really bad ringing in my ear. I've been told by family members that if your really dehydrated or have gotten enough sleep that it could cause the ringing. Has anyone else heard this?

John Snort

Re: Ear ringing?

Postby John Snort » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Those who told you that dehydration can cause ringing in the ears were partly right. Fluid imbalances in the inner ear which could result from dehydration can cause the ringing you hear in you ears. If it is accompanied with dizziness or hearing loss then you must hydrate.

However as tinnitus can also be caused by some illnesses and conditions or prolonged exposure to loud noise, if drinking water and other fluids offers no relief then you need to get treatment as soon as possible.

rz3300

Re: Ear ringing?

Postby rz3300 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:15 am

Well it has been some time since I have had some ear ringing, at least what I can remember anyway, but I am guessing that I would go to what I always go to for ear related pain, and that is my ear drops. I had never even considered ear drops until a little bit ago when I got an ear ache after not having one for some time, and it worked and now I use it for anything in my ear. I am not sure if it would really work, but I would try and I would say it is worth a shot. Best of luck.

Return to “Ear Pain Discussion”