What is Pink Eye? How do you get it?

Forum for eye pains and other eye problems or health conditions related to Vision and Eye Disorders.
simon

What is Pink Eye? How do you get it?

Postby simon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:20 am

What's Pink Eye?

It is also called conjunctivitis — an inflammation of thin, clear covering of the white of the eye as well as the inside of the eyelids (conjunctiva).
Conjunctivitis may have several causes, but a lot of eye doctors make use of the term "pink eye" to refer just to viral conjunctivitis, an extremely contagious disease due to various viruses.

How can you get pink eye?
Viral and bacterial conjunctivitis can be very infectious. The most typical methods for getting the infectious type of pink eye comprise:

Direct contact with the infected person's secretions, generally -to-eye contact
Spread of the disease from bacteria residing in the individual 's own nose/sinus
Not cleaning contact lenses properly and using ill fitting cosmetic contacts or contact lenses.
Kids are often susceptible to getting pink eye from viruses or bacteria because they do not practice good hygiene and since they can be in close contact with a lot of others in school or day care centers.

Practicing good hygiene will assist in preventing the spread of conjunctivitis. Ensure that you have them do the following to help stop the spread of the sickness if your youngster is infected:

Scrub their hands frequently. Including all of individuals touching the little one.
Prevent having their eyes contact.
Shift their pillowcase often.
Kids who return to daycare or school has cleared threat spreading the disease.

Pink eye symptoms can last from a couple of weeks and will disappear by themselves. Viral conjunctivitis is not cured by antibiotic eyedrops. An ophthalmologist will usually prescribe antibiotic eye drops to take care of the disease.

Mandy

Re: What is Pink Eye? How do you get it?

Postby Mandy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:34 pm

I remember having pink eye twice as a child. I guess it is probably easier to get when you are younger rather than when you are grown. Like the description above states, it goes away usually after a couple of weeks, at least that's what happened for me.

Theresa54

Re: What is Pink Eye? How do you get it?

Postby Theresa54 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:41 am

I've got pink eyes when I was a kid. The first time I was really scared because my eyes looked weird.

remontGig

What is Pink Eye How do you get it

Postby remontGig » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 am

AFAIK patriot is better, btw what is the model? memory? how much was the patriot?

bt if you can get kingston hyper x for cheap , you are lucky, they are also good for gamin

Return to “Eye Pain Discussion”