Hernia Vs Torn Muscle

Forum to Explore topics related to stomach/abdominal pains. Post questions related on this board and get your questions answered.
Mandy

Hernia Vs Torn Muscle

Postby Mandy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 pm

I am wondering what the difference is between the two. I was working out a few weeks ago and afterwards I had a sharp pain in my lower abdomen on the right side. It was hurting for about three to four days then it went away. Then just this past week the pain has come back after working out again. I have been working out at least three time a week and the pain has only been present on two occasions. What could this possibly be?

Louis

Re: Hernia Vs Torn Muscle

Postby Louis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Torn Muscle -
If you are dealing with a pulled or stretched abdominal muscle, you might be experiencing Pain in abdomen region that worsens when you move
Bruising - Trouble walking, stooping sideways or forwards, or standing right. These muscle pulls may be serious, moderate or light. The pain will fall as your wounded muscle recovers with time. With respect to the harm, it may continue so long as several months or could be a few days,.

How to Treat Stomach Pull?
Here are several things you'll be able to do which will help alleviate the pain of a pulled stomach muscle:

Rest – Your abdominal muscles are linked to nearly all of your exercise, sitting, standing, writhing, etc. So, take proper rest without doing any stretches to your muscle during the period.

Using Heat & Ice – Using heat and ice will alleviate some pain and tenderness you could be experiencing.

To help reduce inflammation and relieve the pain, it is possible to take over the counter anti inflammatory drugs, including Ibuprofen.

Compression – Using compression will use pressure and help the region that is affected. Should you be trying to find a thing that will provide you with compression that is continuous, hands free we've an abdominal brace that helps especially with stomach pull.

Hernia -

Here are hernia some symptoms :

- A different bulge in you region that is stomach
- Aching or burning susceptibility in the region that is affected
- Pain or suffering, particularly during tasks like lifting

Not all hernias cause pain, however they could be painful the more they go untreated. Nausea, vomiting: hernias when blood circulation is cut off to the intestine which is pushing during your abdominal wall become suffocated. This can cause vomiting or nausea, but these symptoms aren't due to a pulled muscle

With respect to how big the hernia, the borders of the muscle that is healthy is going to be sewn back together to fix the section that is poor. In hernias that are bigger, they may fix the hernia with net patch support.

After an abdominal hernia operation, you might want to think about an abdominal binder.

Most of the patients can go home the day of the surgery and it takes about 3 weeks to recuperate. After these 3 weeks, you'll be in a position to engage in a few light task, but it's recommended to wait and added 3 weeks prior to any high intensity exercises.

Compressing an ice pack contrary to the stomach hernia is a treatment alternative for relief; this might help relieve swelling and the pain which is a result of the hernia. You should avoid using pressure or heat to the region that is affected. Heat also make the place swell, which worsens the state and may cause muscle spasm.

RichardGhval

Hernia Vs Torn Muscle

Postby RichardGhval » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 am

I tore A rib muscle about three weeks ago on the dawn patrol.Anybody have any advice? Kneecaster

Return to “Stomach & Abdominal Pain Discussion”